Re: [VHFcontesting] 222MHZ Transverters

To: John D'Ausilio <jdausilio@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222MHZ Transverters
From: James Duffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 17:55:01 -0600
OK John - I am aware of the ability to run the local oscillator of the
XV222 without turning the transverter on. I am leery of doing this for
a couple of reasons, the primary one being that I do not want it
drawing power when the transverter is turned off; over the course of a
contest that can consume enough power to worry about. If I were a
fixed station, I would not worry about it, but in a rover, power
management is critical.

Thanks for the suggestion though. They would be an excellent
transverter if the duty cycle were a bit higher, the drift minimized
and the ability to net the LO crystal was provided. Still I like it
very much. - Duffey