[VHFcontesting] broadband will take some spectrum

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] broadband will take some spectrum
From: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 09:49:51 -0800
Zack is missing the point,

The key would be to get the majority of activity or contacts beyond that of the
contests.  If we created some real infrastructure on those bands then we have a
better chance of justify our use of them.  We can argue infrastructure from 1.3
down.  The broadband folks and the FCC is looking for 800 - 1000 mhz of
spectrum,   900 ,1.3 , 2.3 or 3.4 will get hit in the near future to give the
whole country smart phones.  Why not trade it for another band?  Or for some
sort of amendment to a bill that will give us more antenna rights?