Re: [VHFcontesting] 70cm limits in Arizona

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, n7tcf@cox.net
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 70cm limits in Arizona
From: Joel WU8Y <wu8y@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:11:28 -0500
On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 15:00, Jim N7TCF wrote:
> I remember an FCC rule limiting power on 432 to 50 watts for Arizona.
> I've done some casual searching but haven't found a clear definition.
> Can someone cite the rule and an explanation?
>
> 50 watts input or ERP?
>
> Jim N7TCF

It's 47 CFR 97.313(f), which cites footnoote US7 of 47 CFR 2.106.

http://www.fcc.gov/oet/info/maps/us7/

} US7 In the band 420-450 MHz and within the following areas, the peak
envelope power output
} of a transmitter employed in the amateur service shall not exceed 50
watts, unless expressly
} authorized by the Commission after mutual agreement, on a
case-by-case basis, between
} the Federal Communications Commission Engineer in Charge at the
applicable district office
} and the military area frequency coordinator at the applicable
military base. For areas (e) thru
} (j), the appropriate military coordinator is located at Peterson AFB, CO.