Re: [VHFcontesting] ft100 pwr reduction

To: "STEVE TRIPP (K1IIG)" <stephen.Tripp@snet.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ft100 pwr reduction
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 13:05:14 -0600
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 11:11 AM, STEVE TRIPP (K1IIG)
<stephen.Tripp@snet.net> wrote:

> Anyone know how to make max power 10 watts on 144 or all bands?

Mike wrote

Well set it in the menu and don't touch it again.

I have also heard (I've never done this myself) that some people will
use RG-174u coax between their IF rig and the transverter.  I'm told
just calculate just how much power loss from max you need and
translate that to the signal loss of the 174u to figure length.  This
way no matter where the power on the IF rig is set you'll never over
load the transverter.

--
Mike Urich, Liberty Czar
http://ka5cvh.com