[VHFcontesting] TE Systems 350 Watt 2M Amp for Sale/Trade

To: "VHF List Non-Contest" <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, "VHF List" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "WSJT List" <wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] TE Systems 350 Watt 2M Amp for Sale/Trade
From: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 21:57:09 -0600
TE SYSTEMS MODEL 1572RA
144-160 MHZ REPEATER AMPLIFIER (CENTER TUNED AT 152.000)
10 WATTS IN  350 WATTS OUT CONTINUOUS DUTY
THIS UNIT HAS NOT BEEN BEAT UP IN PAGING SERVICE

PREVIOUS OWNER SENT THIS UNIT IN TO TE SYSTEMS BACK IN 04 ( $675.00 ,
Documentation included/ UNIT HAS ZERO TIME SINCE. TESTED AND WORKING/

N1LF purchased this unit about 60 days ago, and has verified it's working
great, but it's biased for class C operation, and lacks T/R switching. It would
make a great amp for WSJT operation, (EME or Meteor Scatter) where the class C
bias isn't a problem. Also great for FM work or it's original purpose as a
repeater amp. The unit is housed in a rack mount case, with fans already
installed. You can run key down for WSJT operation without any problem at all!

Those more technical than I could change it's bias to AB and add T/R switching
easily enough, but that's out of my league. Tested it with 10 watts in on
144.200 MHz, got a little over 300 watts output. Retuning it and installing
beefer power cables should get it up to 350 watts plus easily.  Paid $450
dollars for the unit. I'll take $300, or will trade for a 6 Meter amp. I'll pay
shipping too. Paypal accepted. 73-

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114