[VHFcontesting] Grid trip to WYOMING DN73 May 26-28

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Grid trip to WYOMING DN73 May 26-28
From: K7bv6m@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 13:30:47 EDT
Friends, here is a chance at WYOMING for your Worked All States  Award

I will be working in the Yaesu booth at the Rocky Mountain Division
Convention in Casper, WY May 29-30 - so I have all the excuse I need to  sneak
out
and activate a rare grid as part of the trip. I will activate DN73  prior
to the convention.

I will pack the SUV and leave California  ugly-early Tuesday May 25. I am
bringing DXpedition gear I will use June 9-23  for my 5J0BV San Andres Island
op to give it a good wring out during this trip.  Kilowatt,Yagi and all. I
expect to be on the air basically full-time from about  12N May 26 until
about 9A the 28th. Dwayne Allen WY7FD is trying to locate a  friendly ham in
DN73 who will allow me to run an extension cord out to my SUV  for the
operation. The SUV shack will include a nice pillow and a couple No-Es  books...

I will watch for openings by monitoring and CQing on 50.125  SSB/CW and
then QSY when the action starts. Please also watch for a breakable CQ  beacon
on 50.097 CW - I will be in listening in CQ beacon mode whenever there is  no
evidence of the band being open. I expect to have my digital gear with me
and  be able to run meteor scatter and maybe even EME skeds.

Probably no  Internet and maybe no cell phone - please call on-the-air
anytime you hear me so  I know the band is open.

73 and "May the E's Be With You"
Dennis  Motschenbacher K7BV