[VHFcontesting] AB2YI/R Roving WNY for Sept VHF Contest

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] AB2YI/R Roving WNY for Sept VHF Contest
From: David Muller <dm5957@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 01:01:03 -0400
Having just added a 25 w DEMI transverter for 222, I'll now have the four low
bands for CW, SSB, and FM.
Its been a year since my first solo rover attempt which included a lot more
dirt roads and remote hilltops than Qs.
Running FT-857 through 160w brick to 6 el on 2M, about 50w on 432 to 2x11 el,
and 100w to moxon or 3 el on 6M.
FT-450 thru DEMI feeds 6 el yagi on 222 that will also flip to vertical
polarization for FM.

The general plan this time is to start in FN23nc and move to FN22dw by evening.
 FN12xv may also come into play
Saturday.

Sunday, I'll be working a few hilltops around FN02vu, and FN12au, but will also
try to cover FN13 and FN03.
The schedule will depend on weather and conditions, but all locations are
fairly close to that grid corner.

Please give a listen on CW-- I'd like to give that equal time.  Will check FM
occasionally.
Good luck to all.

73,  David  AB2YI/R