[VHFcontesting] Anyone have a 222 Transverter for Sale?

To: "VHF Contesting List" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "VHF List Non-Contest" <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Anyone have a 222 Transverter for Sale?
From: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:04:40 -0500
My DEMI 222 transverter seems to have been a victim of our recent lightning
damage. Austin, K4AMK borrowed it, along with the Mirage amplifier during the
September Contest, and reported signals very weak, even when working the big
gun stations. A quick test here in my driveway with Jimmy Long, W4ZRZ revealed
the same.

I expect to put it in the mails and off to Steve soon.

In the meantime, I'd love to obtain another 222 Transverter for use on "222
Tuesday" and in the Fall Sprints. If anyone on the lists has one to spare,
please let me know. I'll be using the Yaesu FT-817ND as the IF rig, so a
transverter that could develop 20 watts out or so based on 5 watts or less of
input would be great.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF

Les Rayburn, Director