Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint
From: "David Olean K1WHS" <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 07:11:49 -0400
The weather was awful here, with winds and some pretty heavy rain at times.
The band conditions however, on 222 were not bad at all. I started off aimed
West at 7 PM, and worked a few stations out in WNY, which was very nice.
Often times, those grids remain empty, but not this time! Worked FN02, FN12,
FN13, and FN22 right at the start in a flurry of activity.  I worked K2QO/R
in FN02 and later on in FN03.
Some good DX: VE3ZV in EN92, N4MW in FM17, and KN4SM in FM16.
    I did not work any grids northwest, north, northeast or east of my own
grid.In fact I worked only 2 grids that bordered FN43 (FN32 and FN42) I kept
calling in those directions, but never heard anyone.  I ended up with 45 Qs
in 20 grids.

73
Dave K1WHS