Re: [VHFcontesting] FLEX-1500 SDR Platform

To: "(Radio) VHF Contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FLEX-1500 SDR Platform
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 22:46:58 -0600

I was looking at the FLEX-100 SDR today as a potential IF rig for a
VHF/UHF contest station (potentially for field or rover use as well).
Has anyone bought and used one of these rigs?  I'm particularly
curious about performance--sensitivity and adjacent channel rejection
would be two key specs I suppose.  Have you encountered any major
roadblocks?  I read something on eHam about sequencing; I wonder if
that's been resolved.

Mike

That would be an interesting choice.  The K5QE rover
http://ka5cvh.com/p/radio_pics_all/radio_k5qe_rover/ uses a SDR-1000.
Funny I have pictures of everything behind the front seat but not
whats in the front seat.  Sorry about that.

You can even see the Edirol FA-101 speech processor.
http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=702&ParentId=114

--
Mike Urich
http://ka5cvh.com

I refuse to live in fear.  I would much rather live with the dangers,
than to surrender all my rights for the illusion of security.

Life is hard, church shouldn't be!
http://fairmontpark.org