[VHFcontesting] DXCC FEES

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] DXCC FEES
From: R Johnson <k1vu@tmlp.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 22:07:28 -0500
In Checking the Awards Fee schedule for DXCC, WAS, and VUCC, I find some major
price differences between the major Awards.

Note: These fees are for your FIRST Certificate and Pin !!!

Using Paper for submission the cost are:
DXCC $12
WAS  $15
VUCC $46

Using LoTW for submission the cost are:
DXCC $12 + the number of LoTW credits used ($0.15 to $0.25 depending on number
purchased)
WAS  $20.70
VUCC $40

I fail to understand why using Paper, VUCC costs about 4 times DXCC
and about 3 times WAS

Previously VUCC was a flat fee of $15 !!!
This was for the Certificate and Pin. Now the ARRL wants $46.

Some thing is wrong with the Fee Schedule in the NEW VUCC Rules.
Either in the way they presented it or the VHF+ community is getting screwed
over.

Another thing, in DXCC you could do a "Hybrid Submission", mixed Paper and Lotw
for
one "Application Fee". Now with VUCC you are forced to make 2 Applications
bringing
the cost much higher. The cost depends on the number of Paper vs LoTW used.
With a 50/50 mix it VUCC would cost about $49 !!! (2 App. fees, 1 Cert., and 1
Pin)

I Hope this isn't the real cost for VUCC now !!! Someone must have made a
mistake !!!

-------------FEE Calculations from ARRL Web Site Data------------

DXCC
Initiation This is an applicant's first-ever submission to the DXCC program.
For ARRL members the first-ever submission fee is $12. For Non-ARRL members
this fee is $22. This fee covers the cost of processing up to 120 QSO's, one
certificate and lapel pin.

Application fee      $12.00
Per QSO fee           NONE (120 cards included)
Certificate           NONE (included with Initial Application)
Pin                   NONE (included with Initial Application)

Total                $12.00

********************** WAS **********************
WAS (paper)
Application fee       NONE