Re: [VHFcontesting] 2011 Spring VHF and Up Sprints Schedule

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 2011 Spring VHF and Up Sprints Schedule
From: Keith A Miller <kamiller@maplenet.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 08:20:31 -0400
We considered operating another hour as a check log.  I can't see why
that wouldn't be allowed.  Not sure that it should have counted as
points for us.   being on the far west side of the eastern time zone we
only made 2 contacts in the first hour.  I was happy with the results
for the  other 3 hours.
furthest contact was 266 miles. (near St. Louis)  Next was to KF9OK, 244
miles  with omni directional antennas on both ends. (I guess both of us
running near 200 watts does help a little.)  WI produced the most
contacts for us.   Thanks WI contesters.  You made it a lot of fun.  I
know that we missed getting some of you in the pileups.  It was the
first time for WD9AKG to do any VHF contesting.  I think he is hooked.
He already said he wants to go roving with me for the 432 sprint.    We
will have a similar antenna setup on 432 but only 100 watts.
I would be interested in what others think about us operating another
hour with checklog for the last hour.   Guess I should find out what
those running the contest think about it.