[VHFcontesting] Limited rover rules

To: "VHFcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Limited rover rules
From: Mike Drake <mmdrevo@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 18:27:37 -0400
I have to agree with what has been posted in regards to dropping the 222 MHz
band from the limited rover category. I personally have used 222 and like the
band, however for new people coming in transverters, ptt relays, switching etc
can be a bit cumbersome. That being said I personally think the power levels
should remain at 100 watts across the board for 2, 6, 432. I think the 432 band
needs all the help it can get and adding a brick amplifier would not be that
hard for most folks no disrespect to effective antennas and elevation of
course. A TS-2000 owner would only have to purchase 1 amp! Anyone else's
thoughts or comments are welcome. Take care all and be safe while playing radio.

Mike Drake
KC2PLJ

Sent from my iPad2