[VHFcontesting] High 6m Grid and Q Totals, June Contest

To: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] High 6m Grid and Q Totals, June Contest
From: curtis roseman <croseman@usc.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 10:12:41 -0500
VHF Contesters:

I have updated my lists of all-time grid and QSO totals in the June VHF QSO
Party on 6 meters, using claimed scores posted on the 3830 Web site.  Please
keep in mind that the listing is probably incomplete and scores are claimed,
not official. I will finalize the list after the official results are released,
and make the lists available to anyone who wants them.  In the meantime, here
is a summary of what we know now:

Of the fourteen stations who worked at least 280 grids in any year, eight did
so in 2011.  Four more stations followed with at least 268 grids in 2011.  The
very highest totals, 337, 314 and 310, however, were achieved in 2010.  In
fact, the highest thirteen grid totals (over 280) were all worked in either
2010 or 2011.  A couple of pretty good years on six--very widespread openings
brought high grid totals.

Eight stations claimed over 1200 QSOs on 6 this year, but none over 1500 where
the top four all time totals still reside.  Four of the top ten all time QSO
totals are claimed for 2011.

The trends are clear; in years with good conditions, grid and QSO totals will
continue to rise.  [And yes, George, you will work over 2000 Qs one of these
years.]

Although these lists emphasize the big guns [especially those with the numeral
5 in the callsigns!] the increased and widespread activity benefits others too.
 In my case, I have been able to work over 100 grids on 6 each of the last four
June contests, running ten watts.  Locations may have helped: I operated QRP
portable in those years from Nebraska, South Dakota, Colorado, and North
Dakota.  [Hmmm, maybe I should go to Texas next year.]

73, Curt Roseman, k9aks