[VHFcontesting] 100W 70cm Solid State Amplifier FS

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, vhf@w6yx.Stanford.EDU, newsvhf@mailman.qth.net, microwave@lists.valinet.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 100W 70cm Solid State Amplifier FS
From: Fred <n1dpm@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 22:08:26 -0500 (CDT)
I have for sale a home brew 100 watt amplifier for 432MHz based on a MRF392.
This is a 28VDC bipolar RF balanced part rated at 125 watts.
This amplifier is housed in a DEMI-like transverter box (aluminum clamshell)
where the top of the shell is a heatsink.
It has active stiff bias for linear operation.
It takes ~9 watts to drive it to 100 watts output power and draws ~7A at 28VDC.

It does not contain any RF switching relays.
The amplifier comes with a new spare MRF392 (motorola) transistor.
The transistor datasheet can be found at
http://www.macomtech.com/datasheets/MRF392.pdf
The matching is all done with coaxial transformers making it fairly easy to
move to other VHF bands by changing components and transformer lengths.
I have pictures available for anyone interested.

I'm asking $125 shipped by USPS priority mail.

Thanks and 73

Fred
N1DPM