Re: [VHFcontesting] A 50 3S High SWR

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] A 50 3S High SWR
From: "Michael Sapp" <wa3tts@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 15:30:18 -0500
When I first put my omni beacon antennas up several years ago I tweaked the
6, 2, and 432 loop stacks for low SWR near ground level---i.e. mounted to a
10ft mast. But when they went up on the roof my SWR appeared to be way off
on all three antenna sets. After the initial "panic-attack" I realized it
was the MFJ-259B hearing all the strong VHF FM  broadcast and TV signals in
the area. The antennas were fine and using a standard SWR meter and TX power
confirmed that situation.  I had the same issue with SWR measurements on
160m and AM broadcast signals a few years prior.....

Mike wa3tts