[VHFcontesting] Need help with Cushcraft A50-3S - high SWR

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Need help with Cushcraft A50-3S - high SWR
From: "Fisher, Mike" <Mike.Fisher@marriott.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 15:16:40 -0500

I have the A50-5S and here is what I did to improve it's performance.
Use the measurements out of the box as your benchmark THEN fine tune
with an analyzer. Mount the antenna about 10 feet above ground so you
can reach it with ease. I have the MFJ 259 but even using a SWR bridge
to check your numbers. Each time you make an adjustment (driven element
or other changes) write down where it started and what you changed. Do
this, so you can change it back if the SWR goes up.

I hope the helps. Bee you on the band

Mike Fisher  N3VOP