Re: [VHFcontesting] Need help with Cushcraft A50-3S - high SWR

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Need help with Cushcraft A50-3S - high SWR
From: beamar <beamar@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 09:00:41 -0500
Some years ago, I bought a 5 element M2 6M yaghi. I had the same problem that
you are having. What I did was really stupid and it is taking a lot of courage
to publicly admit my mistake: I assembled the antenna backwards. That is, I had
the last director in the reflector hole and the reflector in the last director
hole. I stood there and looked at the antenna. It looked kind of funny. I got
out the tape measure. When I put the elements in the right holes in the boom,
the SWR went right down. Do not want to insult you, but take a look before you
start replacing the matching section, etc.

Buddy Morgan WB4OMG