[VHFcontesting] SVHFS Conference in Charlotte April 20 & 21

To: <cdxa@mailman.qth.net>, <mams@mailman.qth.net>, <newsvhf@mailman.qth.net>, <newsvhf-request@mailman.qth.net>, <svhfslist@svhfs.org>, <wswss@mailman.qth.net>, <fourlanders@contesting.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] SVHFS Conference in Charlotte April 20 & 21
From: "Thomas Wright" <twright@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:42:33 -0400
Announcing the 2012 Southeastern VHF Society's Conference.

For our 16th Annual SVHFS Conference, we will heading back to Charlotte,
North Carolina.

This years conference will be on Friday, April 20th and Saturday April 21st.

Friday scheduled events / activities like conference registration, antenna
gain testing and noise figure testing kick off the conference in the
morning. At noon a catered luncheon is next with American Radio Relay
League, ARRL, president Kay Craigie, N3KN as our featured speaker. Technical
presentations, programs and vendor displays are the order of the afternoon,
followed by a flea market in the evening.

Saturday kicks off with a complimentary continental breakfast, and then more
outstanding technical presentations and programs throughout the morning and
afternoon. A late afternoon auction will get everyone in the mood for our
catered dinner banquet. This year we are honored to have American
astrophysicist and 1993 Nobel Prize in Physics laureate Dr Joe Taylor, K1JT
return as our outstanding banquet speaker. Joe has authored the WSJT digital
protocols, which has allowed average amateur stations to experience modes
like Moon Bounce (EME) and Meteor Scatter (MS) previously available to only
stations with large antenna farms. The conference concludes with our annual
banquet prize drawing where attendees and their guests vie for donated
prizes, our grand prize this year is a Yaesu FT-857 transceiver.

Our host city of Charlotte is North Carolina's largest and the 17th largest
city, in the US.

Charlotte which lies on the border of North and South Carolina, is served by
Interstate 77 and Interstate 85. By passenger traffic, Charlotte Douglas
International Airport, is the worlds 24th busiest airport, and 9th busiest
US airport. The Doubletree Hotel, by Hilton, is our host hotel, they offer
SVHFS conference guests free airport shuttle, and a special room rate.

Conference highlights:

.             Noise figure testing

              Antenna gain testing

              VUCC DXCC QSL Card Checking

              Vendor displays

.             Banquet prizes

.             Technical presentations

.             Flea market / auction

.             Luncheon speaker

.             Dinner speaker

For hotel, conference registration and other conference information go to
www.svhfs.org/conference.html.