[VHFcontesting] Excess six meter amplifier for sale

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Excess six meter amplifier for sale
From: "Dave Olean" <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:03:08 -0400
I am looking to sell my 4CX1000A six meter KW amplifier. It is homebrew, but
looks really nice and is built inside an HP equipment case. The design is grid
driven and takes about 15 watts to drive it to full output. I swamped the grid
circuit with a 50 ohm resistor to cut down the gain. It would make full output
with maybe 5 or 6 watts initially.  The design uses a stretchable plate coil as
per the ARRL handbook.  The loading cap is a vacuum variable. The screen
voltage is developed inside the amp and the unit has the G3SEK tetrode boards
installed for a clean sounding amplifier.  The RF compartment is internally
shielded  and decoupled with a built in 5 pole harmonic filter inside the
shielded internal housing. The amp has a quiet blower and waveguide beyond
cutoff honeycomb air exhaust ports on top.  This is a nice desktop amplifier
with plate and screen/grid metering using modern rectangular metering.  All you
have to do is supply 3 KV high voltage.  Plug’n’play.  I have a spare tube for
it included.
Asking $650. This was a spare amplifier that I used occasionally while in my
workshop.
I put a few photos online in case you want to take a look.  Check out
http://www.directivesystems.com/6METERAMP.htm
You can contact me by email or call 207 658 7758 days or 207 658 9076 evenings.
Thanks

Dave K1WHS