Re: [VHFcontesting] Looking for audio box article

To: VHFCONTESTING@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Looking for audio box article
From: Bob Burns W9RXR <w9rxr_@rlburns.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 21:26:33 -0400
At 05:56 PM 3/25/2012, dave@egh.com wrote:

>About 15 years ago, a W5 (or WA5) wrote an article which described a
>two-radio audio box, based on the Radio Shack "Stereo Audio
>Selector" box, part no. 42-2110.

I see you found the article you were looking for, but if you aren't
in a building mood, a small audio mixer might do the job.

I recently bought a Rolls MX122. The price was less that $100 from an
on-line retailer. This mixer has a balanced mic input with level
control, four line inputs with level and pan controls for all
channels, a master level control, a line output, and a headphone
output with its own level control. Assuming you have stereo
headphones, you can use the pan adjustment to position each input
signal on the left, right, or center or somewhere in between.

http://www.rolls.com/product.php?pid=MX122

I run the line outs from my radios into the line ins on the mixer and
plug my phones into the mixer. Makes it easy to juggle the audio from
multiple radios.

Bob...