Re: [VHFcontesting] Limited Rover Radio Question

To: "'Mark Adams'" <msadams60@gmail.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Limited Rover Radio Question
From: "Tom Staley" <k9tms@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 16:53:11 -0500
Hi Mark;

I had a similar situation happen a few years ago. I moved to the TS2000
solution for my roving, actually the TS2000X which gave me another band to
play with.

With the 2000 I use the XV222 by just lowering the output to 5 watts on
antenna 2 with it set to 28Mhz. The 2000 will remember power & antenna port
settings independent for each band. Then six goes to 100 watts on antenna 1.
Then of course 2 through 1.2 all get their own antennas and full power. The
real neat trick to all of this was I got the remote head for the TS2000 -
this made the foot print on the front seat very small as the radio is in the
back of the SUV with all the coax and such and the head is tiny in
comparison.

There is a way you can do two configurations with this radio A & B and get a
direct 222 frequency readout. But I have found that I can figure out the
real 222 frequency just by looking at the IF and it's faster than selecting
the configuration when I am roving. The same radio gets used for the Multi
Op setups and then the configuration goes to "B".

73
Tom K9TMS