Re: [VHFcontesting] Limited Rover Radio Question

To: <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Limited Rover Radio Question
From: "Gene" <gmitch@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 19:08:35 -0500
Mark, I also have for some time used the Kenwood TS-2000x in the Rover and
use 28Mhz to drive the Elecraft XV222 . I do use an amp on 222, 432 and 2
meters and have had no RF issues with the Kenwood. For the price of the
package it works pretty good in the Rover and can change bands fast. As
mentioned before you can set the menu up different for HF / 6 meters, 2 and
432 so that is also nice different mic gains etc.

Gene
N0DQS