Re: [VHFcontesting] Yes -- Please Move the January Contest

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Yes -- Please Move the January Contest
From: Herb Krumich <wa2fgk@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 10:51:37 -0800 (PST)
Gentlemen
Years ago I do remember the contest being the week before the Super Bowl. I do
feel it helped activity.
But keep in mind, the ARRL has not changed the weekend of the contest. It's
been the same for decades.
You can write all you want to all concerned, but changing the date will not
happen.
Even though many of us operate the VHF contests, there are many times more, who
spend time low band contesting. This past weekend was the 160 meter CW contest.
If you didn't participate, perhaps it would have been neat to listen. It was
wall to wall with hams around the world running their N1MM keying programs.
Thousands of tremendous operators making massive amounts of contacts. BTW  Many
VHF ops were operating around the clock.
This coming week, the CQ WPX RTTY contest will take place.
I did operate this weekend and will be giving out points next weekend.
The moral of this is every weekend there are many contests. I hate to bring it
up, but these contests are much bigger than our VHF contests.
We should be happy that the ARRL is steadfast on their choice of weekends, and
hopefully the VHF ops will take their game to a higher level.
Enjoy your hobby guys, it's later than you think
Herb K2LNS
Station mgr for WA2FGK