Here is a quick update to the SSPA. I will give specific details if you
* The overheating problem has been resolved after I re-built the
output matching section
* I added additional cooling
* Installed the KC2VWI bulk-head connector for the control line
* A 40 foot control line will need to be made out of rotor cable and
shielded twisted pair.
* The Controller and Low Pass Filter (LPF)/Directional Coupler (DC)
have been integrated
* Thermistor for thermal cutoff has been added (just in case)
* This is not N2IEL's real-time temperature sensor. That is need too.
* The arcing in the LPF has been resolved.
* The new high power 50V supply doesn't even break a sweet.
* With 3W in I'm getting 1000W out and that's after the LPF/DC losses.
* What's next
* I want to run one more thermal check with the new fan installed. I
expect major improvement
* Finish up the controller wiring.
* Add the 12 to 28Vdc Boost Regulator (3Amp version I found on eBay
for $10.made in China of course.)
* After this its transverter and radio integration time
VHFcontesting mailing list