Re: [VHFcontesting] 2m and 6m Antenna Configuration

To: kc4hw@centurytel.net
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 2m and 6m Antenna Configuration
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 17:10:08 -0600
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM, KC4HW/Jim <kc4hw@centurytel.net>
wrote:

> Yes the F9FT(s) that I have are 16 elements on about a 21' boom, two
> reflectors behind the driven element and 13 directors.  Some
> information in the manual indicates that it is a 144/16.

Mike wrote

Wow F9FT's.  Brings back memories of W5UN's old EME station.  Dave had
48 on an elaborate rotator that was build on two truck chassis's with
a 10HP <?> DC electric motor to make it spin around.  With the amp I
believe it was capable of better than 1,000,000 watts ERP.

--
Mike "Molon Labe" Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

PIO STX-D14 S/E - APIC D1 & D14