[VHFcontesting] Gene W3ZZ Webinar

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Gene W3ZZ Webinar
From: Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 12:40:07 -0600

For those who didn't get a chance to participate in the webinar as a live-event, I can tell you that it's first class information for even a casual VHF contester, with plenty of meat for those with more experience. I'm very proud that the Grid Bandits had a hand in continuing it as a memorial to
Gene's work and life.

He and I often disagreed over contesting issues, but I had nothing but respect for Gene personally. His article on "Chasing VUCC" inspired me to begin VHF weak signal operation, even though limited by indoor antennas. He offered nothing but encouragement and advice as I pursued that goal.
He's missed by all in the VHF Community.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63nf
Grid Bandit #222