Re: [VHFcontesting] The VHF rules....what do we want??

To: "VHF Contesting Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] The VHF rules....what do we want??
From: "Lloyd Berg - N9LB" <lloydberg@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 07:29:46 -0500
Yes, I agree, the people who make the rules should be active VHF weak-signal
operators and/or VHF contesters in order to be on the VUAC ( or whatever
replaces the VUAC ).

All VUAC members should have been active in at least two of the sponsored
contests in the previous year.  Not active, then you are automatically off
the VUAC and replaced by someone who has been active in the last year.  To
be an ARRL VUAC, you should have been active in at least two of the
VHF/UHF/Microwave events in the previous 12 months.

The people who make the rules should NOT be "arm-chair" experts, or retired
weak operators / contesters.

73

Lloyd - N9LB  EN52hv

The people who make the rules should be experienced VHF weak-signal
operators and contesters. They know what the bands are like. They know
the difficulties and pitfalls as well as what is successful. And
hopefully they have enough experience to know what sort of rules would
enhance and what would harm contest activity.

73, Zack W9SZ