Re: [VHFcontesting] Calling Frequency Proposal

To: W9SNR - Jim <w9snr@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Calling Frequency Proposal
From: aduhawk@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 03:39:59 +0000 (UTC)
I like this idea.  I guess that I can be included in that veteran operator
category.  When we're not roving I'm in an extremely limited antenna and power
situation, so I call use use CW quite a bit.  I welcome the thousands whose
introduction to amateur radio was brought along or brought about by the
dropping of the morse code requirement. Thank you for your contributions.  And
now that you're here, why not "know code?"   I struggled with CW
proficiency for years and flunked the 20 wpm test three times before passing.
After that date it was as is a cloud had been lifted,and the pressure
removed.  I find enjoyment of the hobby improved by having some CW proficiency.

If that's not for you, so be it.  I like Jim's suggestion of operating near the
calling frequency.

As a rover I will often list a run frequency off the calling frequency and add
that I'll only use 144.200 if I want to make a contact.  ; < ).

73, Tim K0PG