[VHFcontesting] Concerning my letter to my Director...

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Concerning my letter to my Director...
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 22:55:42 -0500
Hello again everyone.....I have received several emails that have convinced me that the idea that I had for allowing Announcements for digital MS and digital EME has flaws.

In my first letter to my Director, I made two proposals. The first of which was the idea of Announcements for digital MS and EME. I have just sent my Director(David Woolweaver-K5RAV) an email withdrawing that proposal. The second proposal was to have Assisted classes in VHF contesting just as we have in HF contesting, but to allow Announcements to stations in the Assisted classes.

It was pointed out to me by one of the folks that wants no help, that if the proposal allowing Announcements were allowed, there would be NO completely NON-Asssisted classes left in the contest. In essence, he would have no place to play. Since excluding folks is almost always a bad idea, I decided that Proposal 1 should be withdrawn.

That leaves Proposal 2.....adding Assisted classes in VHF contesting, which would mirror what they have in HF contesting.....but with Announcements allowed to all the Assisted class stations for all modes. Several posters here have said that Announcements should be allowed to all stations and all modes. This proposal does exactly that. This would end the discrimination against the Single Op stations that we now have and give everyone a place in which to compete.

If you believe that Proposal 2 is viable, please support it with a letter to your Director. Thank you....

73 Marshall K5QE