Re: [VHFcontesting] Announcements in VHF contesting and othertopics.....

To: "Mike \(KA5CVH\) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>, "Jack W6NF" <vhfplus@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Announcements in VHF contesting and othertopics.....
From: "John Geiger" <af5cc@fidmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 02:11:37 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>

To former rovers I highly respect, John, AB5SS & Dan, >W5DF use to say. Anyone can get their Gen or Extra, buy >themselves a plug and play HF radio, throw a dipole in the air >and <with a little patience> work the world. Not so on > V/UHF.

Don, NL7CO and myself were having this exact discussion this afternoon. Working California from Oklahoma on 20m is common, so it isn't very exciting. I know, I should always marvel over the magic of radio, but still.......

Now working California from Oklahoma on 2m is thrilling! I have done it a few times, and it usually is my biggest radio thrill of the year.

John AF5CC

--
Mike Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

Obama, its "We The People", not you the president.

APIC - D1 & D14 - http://www.arrlstx.org
PIO - D14 S/E - http://harriscountyares.org
BayCERT - http://www.baycert.org/

Life is hard, church shouldn't be!