[VHFcontesting] FS: Icom 706MKII

To: "ham4sale" <ham4sale@yahoogroups.com>, <forsale-swap@mailman.qth.net>, <IC-706MKIIG@yahoogroups.com>, "ICOM Reflector" <icom@mailman.qth.net>, <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FS: Icom 706MKII
From: "John Geiger" <af5cc@fidmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 03:04:44 -0000
I have for sale an Icom 706MKII HF/VHF rig in good condition overall. This is
the model that does 100 watts on HF and 6 meters, and 20 watts on 2m.  It works
great, I have worked 50 countries and 23 zones on it since the beginning of
2014 for the CQ Magazine DX marathon.  Ran it in the VHF contest this past
weekend with good results also.

It comes with the power cord and a hand mic.  The VFO knob shows some wear on
it. The Sides and faceplate look excellent.  There are a couple of scuffs on
the top and bottom, but overall, it looks really good.  You will appreciate
having it in your shack.  The only "issue" with it is that the original tilt
down bail has been replaced with the bail from an Icom 7000.  It works fine,
but just doesn't snap into place like the original one would.  I have had no
problems using this bail.

I am asking $450 shipped in the US for it.  I can take paypal/Check/MO/Cash.
Might consider a trade for a Yaesu FT100D, FT450, or FT857D.

73 John AF5CC