Re: [VHFcontesting] 2 meters

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 2 meters
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 11:41:10 -0600
On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:01 AM, Herb Krumich <wa2fgk@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Now lets talk about two meters. Most SSB activity is from 144.170 through
> 144.230. Rovers hang out a bit higher.
> This past contest, there was quite a mix up in the lower area. Stations
> trying to do scatter while others were trying to do EME. It can't work. The
> sequences are totally different and you can't work both modes in the same
> area.

We were just discussing this very thing over on the RTTY list, just on
HF.  With the silent modes like the JT stuff, it's really important to
know where the various modes hang out.  And no, the ARRL band plans
and "considerate operator" guides are of no help.

I'm pretty much an SSB guy on 144, so I have no iron in the fire as
far as who is where doing what, but I do want to be aware of it so I
don't needlessly interfere.