Re: [VHFcontesting] September Contest

To: Jon Pearl - W4ABC <jonpearl@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] September Contest
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 16:17:17 -0500
On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Jon Pearl - W4ABC
<jonpearl@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> http://www.ffmamostwanted.org/expeditions.html

Mike wrote

Good beginning.

My first suggestion is to limit amount of information that can be
entered into that untitled column. Think in terms of printable
versions ... right now you would have to clear out a small forest of
trees to print that out.

A second idea would be to create a google calendar for grid
expeditions / activations that everyone could import into their
calendars.

Third, I considered enlisting the aid of my son who is a real
programmer :-) to create a database where any ham could enter in up to
10 grids that they most need / want.  This would then populate a map
showing a number value inside each grid the number of people needing /
wanting that grid.  His observation is that he biggest obsicale here
is getting them to go back in and delete that request once they
confirm it.  I had originally suggested 25 grids and he said limiting
it to 10 would be better to help eliminate that issue.

--
Mike Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

http://ka5cvh.com/faith/salvation.htm
The highest "governmental" authority in America is its Constitution.