Re: [VHFcontesting] VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 142, Issue 15

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 142, Issue 15
From: Chris Del Plato KQ2RP <kq2rp.cw@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:05:31 -0400
On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 12:00 PM, <vhfcontesting-request@contesting.com>
wrote:

> Re: KU4AB 6m Loop vs. PAR Moxon

No experience with the PAR product, but I have used a trio of homebrew
moxons in recent VHF contests running QRP portable from northwest NJ. My 6m
is made from wire stressed by 4 driveway fiberglass markers. The center is
two pieces of bent pipe u-bolted together and attached to a short pvc pipe.
This goes on my painters pole mast. Very easy to make. Again, this is for
portable ops. My results have been pretty good. I certainly wouldn't use it
at 70MPH.  :-)

Pics here:
http://kq2rp.tumblr.com/post/52723832449/my-new-portable-6m-moxon-assembled-in-the

73,