[VHFcontesting] KU4AB 6m Loop vs. PAR Moxon

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KU4AB 6m Loop vs. PAR Moxon
From: Jarred Jackson <jarred.jackson@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 20:59:17 -0400
I have a 3 element yagi for 6m, but it seems a bit too much for me to take out
on the rover for contests. So in May I ordered a 6m loop from KU4AB using the
website. After months of waiting, a phone call, and several emails, I gave up
and consider my $87 lost. But this provided the opportunity to look into other
antennas and came across the PAR Moxon. The company was very responsive and the
antenna performs nearly as well as my yagi. Its a bit bigger than the loop
might have been, but it fits just fine on the rover mast and has some gain. I
have not yet experienced 60mph highway speeds. If anyone has any experience
with the PAR 6m Moxon in a rover application I would like to know if it holds
up or if I should take the wire and side "sticks" off while traveling.

Jarred - KF2MR