Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF+ Contesting Rule Changes

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF+ Contesting Rule Changes
From: Bob K0NR - email list <list@k0nr.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 07:31:48 -0700
Ward,
Thanks for sharing this as it provides useful context.

73, Bob K0NR

On 1/1/2015 10:42 PM, Ward Silver wrote:
With respect to the new categories, there's nothing particularly odd about the timing. The changes approved in January of 2014 (and publicly announced in board reports) have just taken a while to work their way through an over-burdened system. Here's my take on it - not official, I'm not staff, I just edit contest writeups and help shovel on various projects :-)

The ARRL Board Programs and Services Committee approved the addition of Single-Op Unlimited categories to *all* ARRL contests at the January 2014 meeting. This was based on a recommendation in 2013 by the CAC that was approved by the Awards Committee, THEN passed to the P&SC which THEN passes it back to staff. Here's the report:

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/About%20ARRL/Committee%20Reports/2014/January/Doc_16.pdf
<snip>