Re: [VHFcontesting] A few Comments on improving "The World Above 50 MHz"

To: Tim Marek <k7xc_tx@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] A few Comments on improving "The World Above 50 MHz"
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 15:22:01 -0600
On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 1:53 PM, Tim Marek via VHFcontesting
<vhfcontesting@contesting.com> wrote:
> A few comments from one who used to write a monthly national VHF column...
> "The Weak Signal News" for CQ VHF magazine...
> (1) The current QST columnist does a damn fine job with what he has to work
> with and the deadline forced upon him. Unless you have had to create
> something worthwhile while under that kind pressure, you really have no idea
> how hard it is!
>
> (2) He is only a mirror of what your interested in, and what folks have sent
> him. Have you sent him anything.... ever...?

Thank you!  You've saved me the trouble.  Columns like WA50 are a
reflection of the submissions.

I was so excited about a big 144 MHz opening back in ... '10?  that I
sent in a list of calls and grids.  Got my call in the column, even!
:-)  I, for one, enjoy reading the column even if it is directed
mostly at 50 MHz.  Face it guys:  that's where most of the activity
is.

And the bit about an article?  I don't know the current columnist
personally, but I would happily wager that he would make it the bulk
of his column one month.