[VHFcontesting] New VHF Single Operator Unlimited Rules Clarification

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] New VHF Single Operator Unlimited Rules Clarification
From: "Wilhelm, Matthew, W1MSW" <w1msw@arrl.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 21:28:35 +0000
Hello All,

It was brought to my attention that poor wording of rule 2.5 in the General
Rules for ARRL Contests Above 50 MHz gave the impression that the use of chat
rooms and other  means to establish operating arrangements is allowed for these
new categories. That was not the intent of these new categories and I have
updated the wording of the rule to reflect that.  These categories only allow
for the passive use of spotting assistance.  My apologies for any confusion
that this may have caused for those of you who are interested in entering in
these new Unlimited categories.

73,

Matt Wilhelm, W1MSW
Contest Branch Manager
ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio
860-594-0232
w1msw@arrl.org