Re: [VHFcontesting] New VHF Single Operator Unlimited Rules Clarificatio

To: Chuck Gress <chuckgress@hotmail.com>, "Wilhelm, Matthew, W1MSW" <w1msw@arrl.org>, VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] New VHF Single Operator Unlimited Rules Clarification
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 00:38:06 -0600
Hello All....the Single Op Unlimited was created by the Board of Directors(I think that is right) with no input from the Ad-Hoc Committee....because the Committee had not yet been formed. However, until we get Announcements(Call, Frequency, Sequence ONLY) then what we effectively have is the same old legacy HF centric rules that we have had in the past. The whole point of getting assistance was to get Announcements, not so that we could look at the HF packet spots.

Hopefully, the suggestions of the Ad-Hoc Committee will be adopted quickly....at which time, the Single Op Unlimited class can go away....Please support the proposals of the Ad-Hoc Committee with all your ARRL officials. Let's get this done....

73 Marshall K5QE