[VHFcontesting] GPS Receivers and grid squares

To: "VHF Contesting Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] GPS Receivers and grid squares
From: "Dave Olean" <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 17:48:32 -0000
I went looking for a hand held GPS at the sort of local Cabella's store, and
could not find one with grid squares as a feature. I couldn't even find a store
employee who ever heard of them. The GPS units on display had no batteries as a
rule. It was very difficult between clueless store people and no batteries.
Then I had to learn about the menu structure on top of that. The store people
were pretty slow in that department as well. After almost an hour, I gave up.
    Does anyone have a current GPS unit that does Maidenhead locators?

Dave K1WHS