Re: [VHFcontesting] Question to the group

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Question to the group
From: "Steve Tripp \(K1IIG\)" <stephen.tripp@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 08:35:48 -0500
Gents,
I normally do not weigh in on a lot of the discussions but I have to disagree about taking away extra points for the higher bands. I fall in the medium category or maybe a bit lower and having the extra points helps out competing with other stations not willing to invest time and dollars in them. The extra effort to assemble a station on the upper bands with some mounted top side and the cost incurred should afford those amateurs the extra points. If I were just coming aboard and there were no extra points I would most likely save my dollars and put more effort in the lower four. We need to give contest amateurs more incentive to go higher. Removing the extra points does not level the playing field and may discourage others to move up.

73's
Steve
K1IIG
HF-3.4 with 10ghz ready to go on the tower.