Re: [VHFcontesting] Question to the group

To: John Geiger <af5cc@fidmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Question to the group
From: David All <n3xudfm19@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 16:03:18 -0500
I cant afford to invest in equipment above the 4 bands I have.  Im a rover
partly due to this fact, the other is my dad was a rover so thats what I
love. But the expence to add a band then another then another for any
station rover or home qth is a big deal. So I think rules have tried to get
increased activity on the bottom 4.  But I have not seen a significant
increase in new calls in my logs or when I partner with Brian N3IQ. I enjoy
working all the bands with him and its a challenge but he over the years
has been able to get to where he is now. My last point is 6m 2m and 432 are
band you can work other contacts all year round. If you upgrade to 222 its
for contest reasons. With that said I have no desire to upgrade above the
bottom 4 regardless of point values to be gained by adding higher bands.
Dave N3XUD FM19