[VHFcontesting] Reverse Beacon Network (RBN) on VHF

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Reverse Beacon Network (RBN) on VHF
From: Phil Theis <phil@k3tuf.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 09:45:19 -0400
This is a separate thread that I'd like to start on this topic alone.
Wouldn't it be great to tap into the hugely popular skimming adventure that is going on in the cw realm? If you don't know about it, check out: http://www.reversebeacon.net/ go to the about tab and read all of the history. What I'm thinking is that we need to add some 50MHz (and higher) skimmers to the system. This would give us some positive feedback on activity and even data on openings.
Other bands?
Thoughts please?
73,
Phil K3TUF