Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL June VHF QP Participation Question

To: alex@kr1st.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL June VHF QP Participation Question
From: George Sintchak <wa2vnv@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 23:06:58 -0400
Hi Alex,
You don't mention what your current station consists of, bands you operate, power levels and antennas you use. Do you have a tower, etc. You are in a semi rare grid on VHF and there are only a few stations in your FN21 grid, so you would be in demand if you are being heard. You should have no trouble making contacts in the North East region with a modest station from your location if you are willing to "spend time in the chair" operating.

This June contest probably was somewhat below average activity for the NE area, with only a short opening on 6 meters Sunday night from ~8-10 PM. There were some short 6M bursts on Saturday to C6ATA, NP4A, and Florida grids. That's the nature of 6M. There was no tropo enhancement on 2M and up, but this is my experience from Long Island, NY. I run the lower 6 bands in SOLP category. Look me up on QRZ.com to see a pix of my station & antenna farm.

Look at the 3830 scores link below for a sample of reported unofficial scores and station breakdown by score, power and bands operated to get an idea of what's going on around the country.
http://www.3830scores.com/breakdownscores.php?c=1&arg=JnfivKzTfvymr

Good luck and hope you are not discouraged. VHF/UHF really is the place for technical expertise and experimentation with low NF preamps, power amplifiers, antennas and much more. YMMV.

73's, George, WA2VNV
HF+50-1296, SOLP, FN30kv
146.760/448.825 UHF DMR

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex" <alex@kr1st.com>