Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL June VHF QP Participation Question

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL June VHF QP Participation Question
From: "Barry Hansen" <barry@k7bwh.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 18:44:27 -0700
I use the FT-897 on 50 and 144. I think it hears very well indeed. I did
a/b testing with this versus a new Icom IC-7100 and the reception was
indistinguishable for my portable ops from remote low-noise mountain
tops. I'll stick with my 897 for VHF usage.
By the way, if I were operating HF contests in crowded bands among big
signals then I'd probably prefer the 7100.
- Barry K7BWH