Re: [VHFcontesting] Interstation Interference Question

To: Ron Rogers <ww8rr@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Interstation Interference Question
From: Steve Kavanagh <sjkavanagh1@yahoo.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 19:18:29 -0700
On Wed, 7/29/15, Ron Rogers <ww8rr@charter.net> wrote:

  >Preamp being used on the 2M station ? Assume so if you are running EME.

Amazingly enough, no external preamp, just the transverter with the noise
figure degraded by the DCI filter and almost a dB of coax.  That was
intentional to avoid blowing the preamp up with 6m power. EME was not our chief
intent....but it worked!

> Is this the first time this particular 6M amp has been used in a contest
> config ?

Yes, in a multi-op where simultaneous operation was desired.  We've run a
different (100W) 6m station with the same 2m setup at the same site with much
less problems (not surprisingly!).

> You mention running it from a switching power supply. What is the power level
> of the amp?

We had it at about 300 W.

Others mentioned the antenna spacing.  We'd have put them up further apart if I
could.  The site was nearly 100% treed and it was necessary to use whatever
clearings were available.

73,
Steve VE3SMA