[VHFcontesting] AUGUST UHF CONTEST

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] AUGUST UHF CONTEST
From: Kermit Carlson via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 17:03:21 +0000 (UTC)
Hello Tom;
           Please note the full text of the article released this morning.This
has been as the result of many hours of discussion and it isjust the beginning
of the process.  Please feel free to distribute thisas widely as possible.
                        73, Kermit Carlson
W9XA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>03/11/2016 The ARRL August UHF Contest for 2016
has been cancelled, while the ARRL VHF Contest Revitalization Committee
considers alternatives.
The Contest Revitalization Committee fielded dozens of comments from members
concerning possible changes to this annual UHF operating event, traditionally
held on the first weekend of August each year. Many commenters expressed
dissatisfaction with the timing of the contest, occurring as it does at the
hottest time of the year, and that it was too close on the calendar to other
VHF/UHF events.
recommended to the Programs and Services Committee (PSC) that the 2016 August
UHF Contest be cancelled, and the PSC agreed.
The ARRL VHF Contest Revitalization Committee continues to study the
possibility of redesigning or replacing the August UHF Contest with a similar
event at another point in the calendar — possibly in the spring — for 2017.The
Committee will solicit member comments in the near future, as it weighs several
alternatives.