Re: [VHFcontesting] New proposed VHF Contest rules

To: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] New proposed VHF Contest rules
From: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 13:39:39 -0400
Peter: My statement using a grid square on the moon was tongue  in cheek. I
keep forgetting the cardinal rule of the internet: Things said in jest will
be taken literally, even if followed up with a smiley face.. My point was
that on EME, grids 8000 (or more) miles away are just as accessible as
neighboring grids with nearly the same effort. vs. terrestrial propagation
where you'll never hear that station 8000 miles away on UHF.I suspect the
prohibition against EME would be how it would skew distance scoring. It'd
be nice if EME could be accomodated without blowing the non EME stations
out of the water,. --73, Mike, WV2ZOW