Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL Petition....

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL Petition....
From: "Bob Burns W9BU" <w9bu_lists@rlburns.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 14:16:50 -0400
Many of the "highly-opinionated" ARRL detractors aren't even members (and
I'm not implying that the petitioner isn't a member). There are over 700,000
licensed amateur radio operators in the U.S., but the ARRL membership is
less than 200,000. Many of the rest of them sit on the sidelines and
complain about the ARRL.

Just this past weekend, I talked at length with my ARRL Division Director
and Vice-Director. I made sure they knew my concerns on certain issues
facing the ARRL. Do I expect them to do things my way? No, I realize that
I'm just one voice and they have to do what's best for the entire
membership.

Bob...
ARRL Life Member since 2002